[ron.stordahl@digikey.com: Debian CD1 Woody]

I received this installation report by private mail. He has a problem
using an http proxy during the installation.

Cheers,

--- Begin Message ---
I tried an install from the mini CD.

It did not give me the option to specify an http proxy server, at least I didn't notice it.  As a result when it apt went to get things, it worked fine as long as the access was ftp, but when it went to http://non-us.debian.org it failed.  I was unable at that point to find a way to reconfigure to include the http proxy server that the system is behind.  FTP was not proxied, thus that part worked.

Ron Stodahl
Minnesota USA

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I started over, when it offered to configure the network by DHCP, rather than saying yes, which previously configured it, but did not configure the http proxy server, I chose no.

At this point it wanted me to enter my IP address..which I cannot do as it is served by DHCP.

So I see no way to use DCHP and also specifically enter the http proxy server address.

Thus the install fails.

Ron Stordahl
Minnesota USA

--- End Message ---