Re: [d-i] cdebconf frontends

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 03:11:53PM +0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
> A few questions about debian-installer:
>
> 1) Is it currently possible to test frontends to cdebconf other than the
> text one? And if so, how?

> Jeff

From debian-installer/tools/cdebconf/src/frontend.c:

    modname = getenv("DEBIAN_FRONTEND");
    snprintf(tmp, sizeof(tmp), "%s/%s.so", modpath, modname);
    if ((dlh = dlopen(tmp, RTLD_NOW)) == NULL)

So, just set the DEBIAN_FRONTEND environment variable to slang, gtk,
or whatever the name of the so file is for the frontend module you
would like to test. Then run make demo.

Or, if you are making boot floppies/cds for other front ends, set that
environment variable somewhere. I dont think anyone has yet made
bootfloppies or cd's with the gtk frontend, which I for one would love
to try out, so if you make some, please let us know where we can get
them. :)

thanks

  michael

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson