Re: Installing with d-i: summary and notes

* Timothee Besset

| Anyway the main problem is that once the params are entered, in case they
| are wrong there is no way to enter them again. Use Alt-F1 or use Step 5 -
| Open a shell to issue the reboot command, do network conf again, then run
| through step 1 and try better params.

We need to fix this somehow -- should we have a generic «reconfigure
some item not on this list», which scans the status file, checks which
are half-configured and configured and then runs dpkg-reconfigure on
that package, or what?

| You get spammed by messages like:
| kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s - net-pf-1, errno = 2
| that's noisy but harmless. see [4]

FWIW, I have this fixed in my local build now.  As you write: annoying
but harmless.

| Once base is installed, LILO setup. The direct step in the text UI can be
| used, or directly issuing the command chroot /target liloconfig in the
| shell. The strange thing is that I didn't end up with the same
| /target/etc/lilo.conf wether I used one solution or the other.
|
| If rebooting now, none of the two LILO setup solutions would work. Kernel
| panics with VFS: Unable to mount root filesystem. Tollef said to add an
| initrd=/initrd.img to the lilo.conf. You can do this by echo
| initrd=/initrd.img >> lilo.conf (in /target/etc) or use nano to edit the
| file.

The lilo setup is somehow broken; there is no initrd symlink in
/target so just fixing lilo.conf won't help.  I'm not sure how to fix
this in a non-gross way.

(A lot of the other issues noted here are already fixed or known
issues with known, but unimplemented, solutions, so I won't elaborate
further on them)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-