Re: translation of debian-installer messages

Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> I'm not Debian developer, but I would like to translate the messages
> during installation of sarge to bulgarian language.  Can you tell me
> when these message will become stable so that I can start translating?

Thanks for your kind offer.  It may be a little bit early, but on the
other side, it may be a good base for a matured Bulgarian translation
with the sarge release.

You should probably have a local copy of the entire installer source
code.  Please find instructions for it in the following file:
<http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/README-CVS>, you'll have to
exchange "boot-floppies" by "debian-installer".

Once that is done, you have all templates in your local filesystem.
Use the following command to locate all directories that contain
debconf template files:

finlandia!joey(pts/11):/home/project/Debian/CVS/debian-installer> find -name templates
./main-menu/debian/templates
./tools/cdebconf/src/test/templates
./tools/ddetect/debian/templates
./tools/autopartkit/debian/templates
./tools/partkit/debian/templates
./tools/cdrom-detect/debian/templates
./tools/grub-installer/debian/templates
./tools/yaboot-installer/debian/templates
./retriever/choose-mirror/debian/templates
finlandia!joey(pts/11):/home/project/Debian/CVS/debian-installer>

You'll then need to copy the english files, translate them and send
the translation to this list, unless you've requested and received
a personal :pserver:-account.

Hope the answer is comprehensive enough,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum