Re: After base install, which packages should I add?

Hi,

Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:10:33PM -0700 wrote:
> Hello,
> I just installed the potato base and I'm not sure which packages I
> should start adding in order to have a "full featured" system. I know I
> want X,gcc,emacs, etc. but I'm not sure what else.
debian-boot is for discussion and problems with installing the base
system.  I'm forwarding this to debian-user, a list that can better
help with this sort of question.

Try installing some of the task-* packages :
dwhedon@klecker:~$ apt-cache search task-
task-c++-dev - Development in C++
task-c-dev - Development in C
task-chinese-s - Simplified Chinese environment
task-chinese-t - Traditional Chinese environment
task-database-pg - PostgreSQL database
task-debian-devel - Debian package development
task-debug - Debugging of C, C++, Objective C and friends
 . . . .

Then apt-get install the tasks you want.

-David