Re: i18n second stage...

#include <hallo.h>

Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:17:04 +0100
Subject: localising base-config - end game

> After the source fix we must translate some missing debconf-templates to
> non-english languages. This is the second problme. the solution:

If I remember correctly, I did not like Peter's patches, even when they
provided more functionality, and wanted to was going to make few changes
in base-config to make with latin languages.

>  - make the release without the missinig translated templates
>  - better translate the missing tamplates. IMHO this is not a big
>    problem.

IIRC we would need at least translated templates for passwd and
console-data. When I asked about chances of making i18n in Woody, I got
a veto, explaining that I was too late and we are very close to the
release and it may be possible when I had begun 6 months before. Now,
it seems that Woody is going to be released even 6 months later. Now, I
have either time to work on a such task, nor motivation to do so. Sorry.

BTW, one of the reasons why I claim our release scheme to be outdated
and suck more and more in the future.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter