basedebs missing pppoeconf, /proc/kmsg broken

#include <hallo.h>
James Vahn wrote on Sun Mar 03, 2002 um 09:39:12AM:

> I'm lagging a bit behind, but the install went very well! :-)
> Pardon me if the following issues have already been resolved:

Nice to hear this.

> I found that basedebs.tar was missing pppoeconf, and at the end of the
> first phase of the install, "Reboot System" would not let go of my CD

Pppoeconf is included for a while. Anthony should upgrade the
basedebs.tar files.

> tray, still mounted. A relatively minor nit: the top of the screen says
> "F4 to debug"- I'm pretty sure that it's F3 we're looking for.

This is a good point. I remember that the 4. console was used for kernel
messages, but with recent kernels, nothing is written there.

scripts/rootdisk/prototype/etc/inittab:tty4::respawn:/usr/bin/tail -f /proc/kmsg

Should we point the users to F3 then?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
wenn sich aber manche howto und man und was weiß ich nicht für
installanleitungen und hilfen sich anschaut, fragt man sich