Re: netbooting root.bin?

Jason Fesler <jfesler@gigo.com> cum veritate scripsit:

> For the most part, things go well.  The installer actually does load up.
> DHCP at this point fails (haven't sniffed the wire yet to see if it's
> requesting one) but a static IP assignment for this purpose is fine.  It
> does fetch machine packages over http.  However, at some point, it goes
> back to try and pull from the floppy disk, which of course I didn't boot
> off of.  I'm *assuming* that it wants to get the kernel off the boot
> floppy.

At some point, does not mean much.
Could you try again and note what part ?

It sounds like a bug ?

There are several points which could do that.

And also please tell us what architecture, and
which version of boot-floppies you are using.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4