Re: Fwd: Bug #120407 : nparted: note for debian-installer

    Glenn> http://www.speedblue.org/debian/nparted/

    Glenn> I gave it a quick try and got the error "invalidate: busy buffer"
    Glenn> scrolling of the screeen, it makes it unusable for me.

 If you grep the kernel source for that message, you'll find it...
 I've seen the same message while using LVM/XFS.  I don't think it's a
 fatal error, just a warning.  We'd have to ask the kernel experts
 just exactly what it means.

    Glenn> I assume its a problem upstream, im using devfs which may
    Glenn> be the problem.

 I don't think it's devfs or your frame buffer.  The reason it works
 in your xterm is that the printk messages from the kernel are not
 shown in the xterm, but are on the foreground vt when you are at the
 console, unless you suppress them.  ("setterm -msglevel 1" might do
 it.)

--
mailto: (Karl M. Hegbloom) karlheg@microsharp.com
http://www.microsharp.com