Re: problems making own boot-floppies for MegaRAID

I'm having a couple of problems making my custom kernel and putting this
on a rescue floppy.

1) If I use the compact configure file (I load it using make menuconfig,
then go 'make dep' 'make clean' 'make bzImage') I get a 1.9M kernel. I
must be doing something wrong.

2) I managed to make a 1.2M kernel which fitted on the floppy disk.
However the syslinux loader reports a 'corrupt kernel'. I noticed that
when I tried to cp /usr/src/source*2.2.19/vmlinux to /mnt/linux the
machine wouldn't let me - I had to rm /mnt/linux and then copy */vmlinux
to /mnt/linux.

Thanks for any further help.
Rory

--