Re: PATCH: hppa support in boot-floppies

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 12:26:36AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Is hppa releasing with Woody? Do you need an upload of 2.3.6 which
> contains these changes so you guys can upload hppa boot-floppies?  Is
> there any official developers building this (who can upload)?

A bit more background, which might be of interest...

We released a CD image May 31st with hppa/unstable on it based on b-f cvs
from about May 18th.  We have had several hundred downloads of that,
and it has been used successfully on many different HP machines.
We have used cdrom, nfs, and http installs.  See <http://parisc-linux.org/>
for more details on the release.

Due to time constraints we had to release 3 ISOs, for different mixes
of serial/graphical console, and 32/64 bit kernels.  It now looks like
we can combine serial and graphical console in to one kernel, put
32 and 64 bit kernels on the one ISO, and put 32 and 64 bit kernels
plus ramdisk in to one netbootable image, so anticipate a few changes
to the way hppa does it's final packaging in release.sh.  Although we
have 32 and 64 bit kernels, userland is all 32 bit atm.

Richard