[FYI] small user-friendly shells

Hello,

After finishing some fixes to include history support in `ash' via libedit,
and in order to have, both a small OS for recovery and installation, and
something usable for interactive session, I tried to have a look in order to
see if the completion could be added...

And I found that pdksh (Public Domain Korn Shell) have both historic and
completion, etc..., and that the result of the compilation in static against
uclibc is :

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     cri        235404 jun 13 17:46 /bin/ksh

Conclusion (for me) : for a very small system, `ash', without "sugar" is the
best (0.2 is 68ko IIRC, statically compiled against uclibc), but for a good
interactive and small shell, pdksh seems great...

Conclusion (2) : I have learned some things about BSD, uclibc and glibc by
fixing ash source, but, altogether, it was not worth the effort.

FYI
--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org/