Re: problem building b-f, need help

It may be that the arguments to kernel.sh are not done properly, so
the suffix rules it is using are wrong...  Be sure the 3rd argument
being passed to kernel.sh is your subarch (e.g, generic)

Marcin Owsiany (porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl) wrote:

> 3. the makefiles/scripts should be changed to look for
> kernel-image-2.2.19-alpha instead of kernel-image-2.2.19 for
> that architecture.

Couldn't you achive that by setting the kernel version in 'config' to
2.2.19-alpha?  (it's 2.2.19pre13 now).

What's the disposition on the [^] issue in common.sh?  I can't even
remember why the ^ is there (negating the character set).  I can say
for sure that common.sh line 104

            for j in $archive/cache/archives/${pkg}_[^a-zA-Z]*.deb; do

works fine for me at least ; if it didn't,  I wouldn't be able to
build at all.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>