Re: Notes on dbootstrap makefile and plans [Re: Debian Boot CVS: tausq]

In reference to a message from Marcin Owsiany, dated Jan 28:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 01:39:53PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
>
> > things like language-chooser, graphical dbootstrap, etc can be
> > controled via variables passed into make, which changes the relevant
> > CFLAGS/LIBS, instead of having them be separate targets. I envision that
> > we'll probably want to just standardize on, say, always turning language
> > chooser on,
>
> This means that framebuffer support would have to be turned on
> for all flavors.

how does that follow?

> > and not have to always have multiple variants (though you
> > can still build these quite easily).
>
> How?

make FB=true -> dbootstrap with framebuffer support
make LC=true -> dbootstrap with language chooser support
make FB=true LC=true -> combo of above
make SMALL=true LC=true -> LC-enabled dbootstrap with size optimizations

etc..

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>