Re: dumb question..

* Joey Hess

| Erik Andersen wrote:
| > On Thu Jan 25, 2001 at 01:34:28PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
| > > Does busybox wget do ftp?
| >
| > Not yet.  Need it to?
|
| Well we have ftp support in choose-mirror, but I'll just keep it turned
| off if it's not going to do anything.
|
| I'm not a big fan of ftp for the initial install, if someone wants to
| do the work (Tollef?), that's fine too.

I have a messy, partially working, unstable version in my own hacked
wget at the moment.  It lacks some features which would be nice to
have, like parsing of directory listings, but I might just leave that
one out.  And it doesn't support passive mode (but I can probably make
it - I've learnt a lot about FTP and network programming under Linux
the last days :)  Also missing is ftp proxy support - does anyone know
how that is implemented?  (I guess it's just a http proxy which one
passes an ftp url to - IIRC that works with squid, at least).

Anyhow - I am going to make it more reliable and clean up the code
somewhat before submitting patches.  I'll try to get it done before
the end of the weekend, but no promises.

(And we need a trivial patch for wget-retriever.c, but I'll get that
one done as well)

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.