Re: busybox insmod

On Thu Jan 25, 2001 at 04:42:46PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Erik, could you include insmod in your next iteration of busybox-udeb? I
> really need a modprobe, but insmod will do.

I'd love to.  There is one little problem.  Or rather, there are several
little problems, specifically, alpha, hppa, m68k, mips, ppc, and sparc.
Busybox insmod requires a little bit of arch specific code for each
arch.  So far, only x86, arm, and sh are supported.   So if I turn it on,
I will get nasty emails from the autobuilders saying:
    #error Sorry, but insmod.c does not yet support this architecture...

> With that and a few things that are stuck in incoming, and a set of
> split kernel module udebs, we should have a chrooted system that can
> bring itself up on the network.

Excellent.  BTW, going to LinuxWorld?

 -Erik

--