Re: fallback to single language when fbcon not available

Phil Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk> writes:

> >How often are users going to be in a situation with no fb-capable
> >video driver?
>
> Fairly often, I suspect.  I think the only fbcon driver that's enabled in our
> kernel images is vesafb, and my experience has been that it doesn't work with
> a lot of cards.  It might be worth filing a bug on kernel-image to ask for e.g.
> matroxfb and mach64fb to be turned on as well.

Actually:

configcompact.gz:CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
configcompact.gz:CONFIG_FB_VGA16=y
configidepci.gz:CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
configidepci.gz:CONFIG_FB_VGA16=y
configudma100-ext3.gz:CONFIG_FB_VESA=y

I've filed bugs on these kernels (2.2.20 versions) to bring them up to
use also CONFIG_FB_ATY and CONFIG_FB_ATY128 (and for udma100-ext3
flavor to use VGA16).

As for the Matrox, that's handled by VESA, as I understand it.
CONFIG_FB_MATROX is just for an accellerated Matrox mode, at least,
that is implied by the documentation for that option.