Re: should burn new potato b-f for ARM?

On Mon Jun 04, 2001 at 10:57:36PM -0600, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 08:13:03PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Wichert Akkerman <wichert@valinux.com> writes:

> > > What kind of issues are you referring to?
> >
> > I checked and they are ok.
> >
> > Should I prepare new Potato boot-floppies with 2.2.19 for i386?
> >
> > That's the only change , aside from some documentation updates.
>
> Please don't do this until a new BusyBox makes it into the
> archive.  The current BusyBox tar mangles directory permissions so
> that the installed system is unusable (a world writable /lib, for
> instance).

According to the Debian Installer, busybox_0.51-7 hit the archive
on Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:55:38 -0400, so as soon as the mirrors
propogate it, x86 should be in business.  I expect a few more
days may be needed for powerpc, sparc, and whatnot.

BTW, aph, when I make busybox updates that are specifically for the
boot floppies (as the last 6 bb releases have been), should those
changes be noted in the boot floppies changelog?

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org, andersen@lineo.com