Re: cvs commit to boot-floppies by dwhedon

> - syslogd not working, maybe it is because /dev/log  doesn't exist, I get tail:
>   /var/log/messages: No such file or directory  I ctrl-C it a few times and try
>   manually starting syslogd, mkfifo /dev/log, eventually it works, not sure
>   what I actually needed to do.

hmm... /dev/log is not a fifo, it's a unix domain socket.... make sure
your kernel has unix domain socket support. (it's a module in some of
the standard kernels)

> - modconf doesn't find any modules.  My only choice is to be finished and
>   return to the previous menu.

show us the output of ls /lib/modules/`uname -r` please?

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/