Re: new demo system -- chrooted!

Joey Hess wrote:

> Anthony Towns wrote:
> >       * devices stuff. difficult. would go away with devfs on b-f's :)
>
> Maybe MAKEDEV should be required to make that stuff on installation if
> it doesn't exist? Or does it need to exist earlier?

I made up a libmakedev a few weeks back when i was trying to do a
hardware detection program that worked by making and probing every block
device known to linux..... was working, but it was real slow, took a
couple of minutes, then i resigned myself to using /proc.

I also made a standalone makedev based on the lib that could make
devices that match a regex of its name.

It knows about all linux block devices, but im only about 1/3 of the way
through character devices.

Its about 1/2 the size of the MAKEDEV script, but doesnt do some of the
stuff that MAKEDEV currently does.

I figure it might come in handy but im not too sure.

Glenn