Re: proxy support for wget retriever

* Joey Hess

| Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > do {
| > debconf->command(debconf, "fset", DEBCONF_BASE "http/hostname", "seen", "false");
| > debconf->command(debconf, "INPUT", "critical", DEBCONF_BASE "http/hostname", NULL);
| > debconf->command(debconf, "GET", DEBCONF_BASE "http/hostname", NULL);
| > } while (debconf->value == NULL || strcmp(debconf->value,"") == 0);
| >
| > This goes into an infinite loop, because debconf operates
| > asynchronously.
|
| Eh? No it does not. Have you looked at the protocol?
|
| (Show me the debug traces from this loop you are seeing.)

Ok, nothing happens and the installer consumes a lot of cpu, and if I
insert a fprintf(stderr,"foo\n") into the loop, it prints forever.
Text based and ncurses frontend.

| > Are we going to support non-us as well?
|
| I don't see the point unless someone codes a really rocking installer
| module that must go in non-us.

Ok, it won't be hard to add if needed, anyhow.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.