Re: Tasksel wishlist - Apache / Apache-SSL

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I know space is tight on the boot disks - have we space for an additional
> two package listings in tasksel patterned after the Roxen entries i.e.

As of potato, the issue of adding task scripts is no longer either
constrained by the size of the boot-floppies, nor under control of the
boot-floppies team.

> Webserver - Apache with apache-common apache tidy analog (as minimum - some
> people might want apache-doc, libapache-asp-perl, libapache-mod-perl)
>
> Webserver - Apache-SSL with apache-ssl apache common analog and tidy with
> the appropriate SSL libraries (obviously dependent on non-US being available)

Uh, how would you suggest going about having two tasks with the same
name?

> This came up after a colleague wanted 12 people to install apache for a
> webservers course and had to do it the hard way. He asked "Why isn't there
> a task Webserver" and my response was "Which one  there are four or five"
> then I checked and discovered the two for Roxen in Woody tasksel.
>
> Anybody got any informed comments who would use such a package selection
> (or can tell me that I'm being bloody stupid again ?)

Well, redirect this to debian-devel. This list cannot take any action
on these matters.