Re: PCI autodetection

> > If you're not already gzip'ing the vendor/device id table this could be
> > an option for reducing it.
> That doesn't matter since the root filesystem is gzipped anyhow.

Actually, in order to reduce the amount of parsing needing to be done by
the program, I've got a perl script that builds a .h file containing the
table (as an array of structs) which is then #included into the binary.

I suppose I could write a shell script to do the same thing, looking at
/proc/bus/pci/devices instead of asking the kernel directly, and keep the
table as text ...

						Will