Re: Language Chooser

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 01:07:55PM +0400, Michael Sobolev wrote:
[...]
> What's to be done. This information (the chosen language) is not stored
> anywhere, as result base-config cannot use it.  This and the fact that we do
> not create any configuration file that would allow to create a correctly
> localized environment for the user are the major issues to be resolved and
> implemented.

Currently dbootstrap creates /etc/environment with LANG=<locale>, where
<locale> is the translation of msgid "C" in the PO file used at compile
time. (for example, if I use LINGUA=es, the PO file will be es.po that has:
  msgid "C"
  msgstr "es_ES"
so /etc/environment will contain:
  LANG=es_ES
)

Can that be used with the new "language chooser"?

--
Enrique Zanardi					ezanardi@id-agora.com