Re: Can't network install with 3c905TX???

Valentijn Sessink <valentyn+killspam@nospam.openoffice.nl> writes:

> Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
> > You need to use the `compact' boot disk and driver disks, which
> > have NIC drivers compiled in.
>
> OK thanks. But does that mean the "regular" boot-disk won't let you
> insert any modules???

No -- it didn't give you the 'configure device drivers' step?  You
should have been able to install kernel and modules, then confighure
device drivers to load your nic driver, then install base from the
network.  It works for me and others (TM).

The install choices menu only presents network if it sees there is a
network capable device present.