FreeBSD libh

This is in my list of things to discuss when planning for
woody installation, but I thought you guys might be interested.

The FreeBSD project is working on a generic installation program
library called libh.  It abstracts user interface, and disk access
routines, package file handling, and so on.

I liked the UI stuff though, you write your user interface, it gets
translated to equivalent console / X output, depending on which you
desire. The backend is written in C++, things like user interface /
installation logic in TCL. Now I don't like TCL much (anti shell script bias :),
but I think they've got a few good ideas.

If you want a peek at the source:

    $ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@usw4.FreeBSD.org:/home/libh/cvs
    $ cvs -z3 co libh

I'm not sure if anything works yet, but should give you an idea :)

Regards,

Leon.

--
< Leon Breedt                   : ljb@debian.org    >