Re: [snewt,gnewt] New CVS modules created. (Was: Re: [gnewt] Are you using a version control system?)

karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

> New Modules:
> ------------
>  I've created two new modules in the "debian-boot" CVS repository on
>  "cvs.debian.org".  One is `gnewt', with `newt' grafted into it, along
>  with `minislang' from Red Hat's `anaconda-7.0'[1].  The other is
>  `lrmi', an i386 utility library used for hardware detection.

Yes -- I've made the module for gnewt but not lrmi (no request for it
yet).

I wonder if you are coordinating with Joey Hess.  I assume this stuff
is destined for woody.  Are you and Joey in accord on how all this
fits in with the woody plans?

> Attn Admins:
> ------------
>  I think that we should allow O'ksi'D read/write access to at least
>  `gnewt'.  I think that an account for him should be created on the
>  machine, but with an undisclosed password until he has passed through
>  the new-maintainer process.  In the home directory of that account,
>  in the .ssh/authorized_keys, should be placed his SSH public key,
>  prefixed by:
>
> no-X11-forwarding,no-port-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,command="/usr/bin/cvs --allow-root=/var/cvs/debian-boot server"
>
>  A new group can be created and the `gnewt' repository set to it, and
>  all of us added to that group if the administrators feel that to be
>  necessary... since the above line would give O'ksi'D writes to almost
>  everything in the `debian-boot' repository.  This at least until
>  after after his new-maintainer processing has been cleared.

I have no authority, power, or wish to modify groups on
cvs.debian.org.

The easiest thing is for me to just add the user to the pserver list
and remove them when his user account goes in.  I have no intention of
changing how I run the CVS repository at this time, and no time to
deal with it, so there will be no change in how I manage the CVS
stuff.

When Joey takes over he can do whatever he wants.  If he wants to take
over repository management now, that's fine with me too, although I
object to any changes at this point that might make it harder for
those folks using pserver to get work done.