Re: The `Have Fun' screen is followed by more `setting up' messages

Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> >From the CVS sources as of this morning.  I chose the `advanced'
> installation.  After answering many questions for packages that were
> getting set up, I saw the screen that says `Have Fun', and explains
> how to switch virtual consoles.  Once I dismissed that screen, I saw a
> bunch more `Setting up' messages.  (console-data, dialog,
> perl-5.005-base, many others).  This looks silly.

As far as I know, this was fixed in base-config 0.26, which added some
"clear" statements. Since you have provided no infomration about
versions except "From the CVS sources as of this morning", I have no
idea at all what version of base-config you saw this behavior in, and so
I can't follow up to this. For all I know, you built your own system
from an out of date mirror that has 0.25 on it or something.
Boot-floppies 2.2.13 has base-config 0.27 on it and so I don't think it
would still have this problem.

Please folks, when you're reporting a bug against boot-floppies, provide
a version number! And when you're filing a bug against some package that
is *not* boot-floppies and just happens to be in base.tar.gz, this is
doubly important. I really hate flopping around in the dark trying to
guess what version of a package had a problem based on vauge problem
reports.

--
see shy jo