Re: Why can I not more install from ZIP-Disk ???

>> 1st Question:   Why does it work in 8 seconds for a 5,6 GByte drive ???
>
>Because it's not checking for bad sectors.  If you want that test
>(which is usually unnecessary), then use the verbose boot argument.

At an new Installation ???
If the harddisk is a little bit older, I need to check for bad sectors.
It is from the Boot-Disk and I have no Installation yet.

>> Then if I like to continue, I can not choose my ZIP-Drive (hdc).
>>
>> 2nd Question:   Why do you have removed it from the Dialog ???
>
>Yikes.  We didn't, at least not intentionally.
>
>What does /proc/ide/hdc/media say?  Try this from the 2nd tty while
>booted into the rescue disk.

I had told you, that this is a first installation on an empty hadrdisk.
I have installed SLINK 2.1r2 from ZIP-Disks without any problems !!!

...because at the installation (rescue.bin and base2_1.tgz) I had choosen
Install from Harddisk and then the hdc (the ZIP100) was visible.

In Potato does it not work.

>Does the kernel you are using support the device?  Kernel messages
>should tell that...

If I boot with the Boot-Disk POTATO find the ZIP100-Drive on hdc.

Michelle