Re: [IDEA]: extended task selecter for woody

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Ben Collins's letter:
> I'm not sure exactly what plans are held for woody. But I had a thought
> for a simple extension to the task selecter. Basically it would allow you
> to open a tree for each task and manually select/unselect each package
> that the task depends on. If not all of the packages under a task are
> selected, then the task package itself is not installed (just the selected
> sub packages).
>
> Thoughts, comments?

nice. but i would better see one of the apt front-ends (aptitude, capt)
modified to show only the task packages on request. (btw, about 1.5 years
ago i proposed to add a "level" keyword to the packages. level 0 are
libraries or packages that you want to install onl because of dependencies,
level 1 are normal packages and level 2 are meta-packages [our tasks.]
you can even add more levels and modify the front ends to show you just
the levels you want...)

ciao,
federico

--