Re: i386 1.44 disks

Please email such reports to debian-boot@lists.debian.org, not just
me.  Boot-floppies is maintained by a large team of people.

>I just used the 2.2.7 disks, and found that lilo was left with a
>default boot image saying:
>	image=vmlinuz
>
>Now, there is /vmlinux -> /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14, but that is in the
>_root_ directory.  This should be:
>	image=/vmlinuz
>
>Lilo currently complains. And of course, would fail to boot (but I didnt
>try that).

Hmmm...   Anyone confirm or deny this?

>I do like the boot-floppies more and more. This time it was very nice.
>However... I was trying to install to a hard disk, from a running system. IE,
>I had a new disk as /dev/hdc, and I partitioned it and mkfs'ed it.
>Then I wanted to install onto this as a new system. dpkg --root=/mnt
>complained, and didnt work. ;( Is this kind of think possible?

If you look at the boot-floppies sources, it indeed bootstraps/builds
a base system on a running debain system using a similar technique.
There are little gotchas...  Get the boot-floppies pkg and look at
basedisks.sh.