Re: 2.2.6 keymap problem...

Hello.

In article <[🔎] Pine.A41.3.95.1000204043632.58864A-100000@fn2.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>,
  at Fri, 4 Feb 2000 04:52:18 -0700 (MST),
    on 2.2.6 keymap problem...,
 Bruce Sass <bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> writes:

> I thought it had been fixed.
>
> On the offhand chance it is still a puzzle...
> It appears that:
> the installation system uses/builds /etc/kbd/default.map.gz
> the base contains /etc/kdb/default.kmap.gz (an azerty mapping)
> the system uses /etc/kbd/default.kmap.gz
>
> So, unless you run kbdconfig before rebooting after the installation
> you end up with an azerty map when you reboot.
>
> later,
>
> 	Bruce

I sometimes experience thie azerty keymap problem recently
on my living potato which is upgraded from slink.

I think this should be not caused by b-f, but by some packages
related. I doubt console-data, because it was upgraded recently.

In /var/lib/debconf/debconf.db, There are:

  }, 'Debian::DebConf::Question' ),
  'shared/keymap/layout' => bless( {
    'variables' => {
      'choices' => 'azerty, dvorak, fgGIod, qwerty, qwertz'
    },
    'name' => 'shared/keymap/layout',
    'flag_isdefault' => 'false',
    'template' => $templates{'shared/keymap/layout'},
    'value' => '',
    'owners' => {
      'console-data' => 1,
      'console-data
' => 1
    }

This shows 'console-data' and 'console-data\n' as owners,
somewhat strange. (debconf has similar "owner" lines, but all other
packages just have '<package>' only. no other '<package>\n' is there.

Regards.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>