Re: busybox update, adding inittab

On Sat Jan 08, 2000 at 04:07:29PM +1100, Greg Schafer wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Erik Andersen wrote:
> >
> > Ok, it is in now.  With luck, everything will work just like
> > before and nobody will know the difference...
>
> No dice here. I just tested a fresh build. Opening screen of dbootstrap
> appears then something about "/etc/init.d/rcS  done" is splashed near
> bottom of screen then pressing enter just results in '^M' and thats it.
>
> Opened 2nd tty then kicked off dbootstrap. It ran but I didn't get very
> far as 'configure the keyboard' complained about 'unable to write
> /root/dbootstrap_permissions' or something. (sorry about lack of detail,
> I was in a hurry)

Probably because the dbootstrap running on /dev/console (in this case
tty1) still had the files on question open for rw. I'm trying to figure
out what the problem is. For now the workaround seems to be switch to
tty2, run 'ps' to get dbootstrap's pid, then, if you next run 'kill
<dbootstrap's pid>', then init will respawn dbootstrap, and all will be
well.

/me mumbles appologies to all,

 -Erik

--