Re: ROOT.BIN panics, saga continues

Lauri Tischler wrote:

> I made a 'special' rescue disk to be able to boot and install from/to
> Mylex AcceleRaid 250 controller.
> Compiled the kernel according to instructions on readme-file on original
> rescue-disk, that is ramdisk, initrd, fat, msdos, ext2, proc, elf..
> disks only ide and dac960.
> New rescue-disk boots fine but after the root-disk is loaded the kernel
> panics, root-disk works fine with original rescue-disk.

By enabling 'Set version information on all symbols for modules'
in 'make menuconfig' the panic dissappeared.
Now it hangs after loading of root.bin and while executing /etc/init.d/rcS
It tryes to execute line 'echo "/bin/true" > /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe'
It fails because there is no subdirectory sys in /proc

Why is the /proc/sys missing ???

Maybe little more detailed instructions about building rescue-disk
were beneficial and would prevent loss of hair :)
Cheers..
--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin
Tel:    +358-9-47846331        *       Mouse movement detected      *