Re: Base install works, root not cleanly unmounted

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 10:11:53AM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Wed Dec 01, 1999 at 09:44:57AM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
> > I thought I saw a log for a fix to make sure /target wasn't busy when
> > unmounting all filesystems before a reboot.  It spits a usage message
> > for umount out at me before rebooting and then of course I need to fscking
> > fsck the fs during boot time.
> >
> > The problem is non-obvious to me so any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> There _was_ a problem with umount that caused a segfault with the badly
> formed (i.e. empty) /etc/fstab. I fixed that and checked in the fix on
> Nov. 27th. Was with a current CVS version?  If you want to track it down,
> you could edit busybox/init.c with something like:
>      signal(SIGUSR1, halt_signal);
> -    signal(SIGUSR2, reboot_signal);
> +    signal(SIGUSR2, halt_signal);
>
> so you have time to read the error messages.

Instead of selecting reboot system after the base install, shelled out and
did the following showing that things don't quite seem fixed yet:

# df
/dev/root                 3520      3057       463  87% /
/dev/sda2               173107     46077    118093  28% /target
# umount -a
/target: Device or resource busy
# reboot
Sending SIGKILL to all processes.
Disabling swap.
Unmounting filesystems.
BusyBox v0.37 (19991201-1142) multi-call binary -- GPL2

Usage: Usage: umount [flags] filesystem|directory

Flags:
        -a:     Unmount all file systems

Please stand by while rebooting the system.
Restarting system.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com