Re: partition_config.c is broke

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 06:05:21PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Michael Sobolev <mss@transas.com> writes:
>
> > No, it is not. :) It was a problem with C.po file.  Now the latter
> > is updated, and everything should be fine.  I checked, it is fine
> > with me (with new C.po!).
>
> If this is a derived file, can't we have it be autogenerated during
> make rather than in CVS?  There seem to be several files in CVS that
> suffer from this.
Well, there is a small problem here.  Well, I call it problem, because I do not
know other word for this. :)  The line with encoding: baseconfig file uses
en_US.ISO-8859-1 as locale name, while C.po file translates this value to
C.  I do not know what is the reasoning behind this.  To my mind, we should
stick with C, if use the default (English) locale.

A simple script `genc.awk' is added to the repository.  If no one objects
the changing of default locale name (as coded in baseconfig.c file at lines
200 and 379) to `C'.  I will change baseconfig.c file, and update po/Makefile
to generate C.po file from dbootstrap.pot.

Well?

--
Mike