Re: Current CVS builds AND runs (sorta)

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 03:41:11AM +0000, Craig H. Block wrote:
> Matt Porter wrote:
> >
> > Could somebody doing x86 builds please report how this works for you?
> >

> Pretty much the same thing for ia32.  I had to start dbootstrap manually
> after it booted only to an ash prompt with one virtual terminal.  After
> dbootstrap created the root file system, it printed the garbage you
> mentioned then segfaulted.  Better than before but still not usable for
> me.

Try again if you will.  It should boot and start the installation again,
failing after it mounts the root filesystem.  This is most likely due
to a not quite fixed block_device() call...that's as far as I got today
debugging it.  It helps knowing if x86 is working as well as my powerpc
builds.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com