Install disks solution for non-english languages?

I think in a good idea that I don't know if it is possible, it allow
to take advantage of all Slink and Potato boot-floppies structure.

The idea is to put the installation disks (generated by boot-floppies
package)in the local mirrors of Debian in each country. This because all
structure of boot-floppies work with only one type of language
(monolanguage). Thus, as any person want to download of a computer in
your country (mirror), the installation disks for your languagem cound
be placed in this server, together of all documentation in your
language.

Thus we would have the structure following (I'm not very goot in ASCII
art ;)

| Oficial Debian Archive (ftp.debian.org)		|
| Where the most recent disks are released		|
...\slink\main\disks-i386
...\slink\main\binary-i386

| Brazilian Mirror	(ftp.br.debian.org)		|
...\slink\main\disks-i386
...\slink\main\binary-i386
...\slink\main\disks-pt-i386

| Spanish Mirror      (ftp.es.debian.org)		|
...\slink\main\disks-i386
...\slink\main\binary-i386
...\slink\main\disks-es-i386

The two directories disks-i386 and binary-i386 would continue updated
of the main ftp and the directory disks-pt-i386 and disk-es-i386 would
be included in mirror and placed there the installation disks and
documentation of our local language.

This would repeat for others mirrors in others languages
(ftp.fi.debian.org, ftp.it.debian.org ...). Normally the users of these
countries prefer to use local mirrors to do the download of installation
disks and they will always connect with your local mirror (this can
decrease a lot traffic in ftp.debian.org).

Thus if any brazilian user (.pt) want to copy the installation system
in English language, it can choose between your local mirror and main
ftp. In the same way, if it wants to copy the installation system in
Spanish language, is necessary only to access ftp.es.debian.org.

This idea solve the following situations:

1. Use all organization structure of the current boot-floppies.
2. Split the work with persons around the world that are working in this
   project.
3. Allow to adapt the boot-floppies to our local language, as the
   kernel, (I believe that this cound not be made with multilanguage
   method of boot-floppies.)
4. Allow many device drivers be removed of kernel which are not used
   in some countries, freeing more space in initialization floppies.
5. And solve many others smaller problems...

For this to be made, I think it's necessary the creation of "local
maintainers" (eg. local developers) which they would be responsible for
the compilation and maintenance of the translated installation disks for
your language. These local maintainers owe have an account in your local
mirror for upload.

Can this be a good suggestion? I generated the installation disks for
Portuguese version and I think that this would solve all the problems
found to generate a non-english version of installation system.
gleydson
gleydson@linuxbr.com.br
gleydson_s@yahoo.com

MailBR - O e-mail do Brasil -- http://www.mailbr.com.br