Re: Ideas

	  I found that multi-cd required a lot of swapping disks.
I understand that apt-cd will improve this.  Another thing
I did when sending CD's to a friend was to put a simple script on
the first CD that makes an archive out of all the CDs on a hard drive.
This takes a little time (and space), but it doesn't require alot of
attention. After that, of course you have the fastest possible install.
It only works for people with a good amount of disk space, eg, a recent
i386 machine, and I don't know if others also would find it convenient.
But the script is, of course, trivial and does not take much space.
    John

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org