Re: [sparc] new bootdisks coming soon

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
>
> > I just now need new 2.2 kernel images for sparc.
> > Which one are available now ? 2.2.6 ? 2.2.7 ?

> Slink proposed-updates already has 2.2.5.  Let's stick with that, it's
> known to be good.  Do you need me to make an image?  If so, I just
> gotta find the kernel config files used for 2.2.1 somewhere...

They should be in /boot in the respective packages - they are also in
the debian dir of the source package for those kernels.  It might help
to make sure LEO support is enabled in the sparc32 kernel.  (If there
is an option in 2.2.5.

Build the ultra kernel with:

  make-kpkg --subarch=sun4u --arch_in_name kernel_image

(If you build this after the 32-bit one, make sure you remove
stamp-configure first - and it wouldn't hurt to make sure
include/linux/modules is empty.)

Oh, and the 2.2.5 kernel _might_ not work with the 3.3.3.1 X servers
(when I release them) on some machines - I'm not sure when the
appropriate patches were applied.  (The trouble would be with Ultra's
and maybe LEO machines.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu