Re: Frozen Boot during installation

"Bill Rand" <randwill@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> 	I have a notebook I am trying to install Debian 2.1 on and it
> freezes every time at the Uncompressing linux... prompt.

This generally means a syslinux problem.  Usually it is solved by
using the tecra disks.  But I see below you have tried that.

>  I have tried, lowmem.bin, resc1440tecra.bin, resc1440tecra-safe.bin
> and resc1440.bin.  All freeze at exactly the same point.
> Unfortunately this was handed down to me and was put together by a
> third party but it does have the following identification items:

Since you only have 4MB of RAM, you would generally use the lowmem
floppies, as documented in the Install Manual.  However, you're problems
are happening early than when you would hit the problems with having
so little RAM.

So ... the *tecra* rescue disk should be the one that helps you.
Try resc1440tecra-safe.bin as well as resc1440tecra.bin.

Which version of the boot-floppies are you using?