new sparc boot-floppies in progress

Hello,

  I'm in the middle of building new boot-floppies for sparc (2.1 release) to
fix the following problems:

1. mkswap seems not working for ultrasparc (maybe all 2.2 kernels)

  I replaced mkswap.c by the one from util-linux 2.9g which handles both old
  (v0) and new (v1) swap partition layouts.

2. no available keyboard layouts for PS/2 style keyboards (Ultra/AX)

  I added all PC layouts to the current sparc list.
  Now the list looks like:

      sun/sunkeymap             : U.S. English (QWERTY)
      sun/sunt4-es              : Spain (Type 4)
      sun/sunt5-es              : Spain (Type 5)
      sun/sunt5-de-latin1       : Germany (Type 5)
      sun/sunt5-fi-latin1       : Finland (Type 5)
      sun/sunt5-fr-latin1       : France (Type 5)
      sun/sunt5-ru              : Russia (Type 5)
      i386/qwerty/us            : U.S. English (QWERTY)
      i386/azerty/be-latin1     : Belgium
      i386/qwerty/bg            : Bulgarian Cyrillic
      i386/qwerty/cf            : French Canadian
      i386/qwertz/croat         : Croatian

  Choose one of the sun/... entries if you have a regular SUN keyboard
  connected to your workstation, or i386/... for PS/2 style keyboards.

3. I guess I found a way to fix the broken tty redirection we have experienced
  in dboostrap with 2.2 kernels:
  I changed the console detection code in init.c to avoid using /dev/console
  directly because it does not support job control.  I try to detect the
  backend instead then reopen the real tty (either /dev/tty1 or /dev/ttyS<n>).

  Now job control is working on the first tty and, even better, stderr could be
  redirected to tty3 again :-))

No objection to commit these changes to the 2.1 branch ?

I'm now waiting for new 2.2.5 kernel images, new makedev, ...

Regards.

PS: fdisk is making troubles for some users that try to plug a PC hard drive in
   their sparc workstation due to the fact that it handles i386 partition
   format along with the Sun disklabel.  The "-s" hidden option to fdisk could
   help these users by replacing the current partition table with a new empty
   Sun disklabel.  Could this be documented somewhere in the installation
   manual ?