Re: dselect-beginner.ja.sgml ?

[Sorry I missed this message.  I am not on the Debian i18n list.
 Please CC me personally and/or the boot-floppies list on replies.]

y-endo> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

>> If you would like to point to language-specific URLs for urls.ent,
>> rather than copying that file and modifying it, you should use the
>> language switches to override the entities:
>>
>> <![ %lang-ja [ <!entity url-debian-policy
>> "http://www.debian.or.jp/Documents/Documents_ja/debian-policy/";>
>> ]]> <!entity url-debian-policy
>> "http://&www-debian-org;/doc/debian-policy/";>
>>
>> This way, we don't have to have a different urls.ent for each
>> language, but just have the one and override it by language where
>> applicable.  What do you think of that?

y-endo> OK. Then I'll edit urls.ent in this way.

I have already done that.  See the attached urls.ent.

>> One other issue: is there anyone working on
>> boot-floppies/utilities/dinstall/messages/lang_ja.h ?  This file is
>> used by the documentation system to create messages.ent, which is
>> used in the documentation.  I can't really publish a proper
>> translation without it...?

y-endo> Yes. This file is translated by Akira YOSHIYAMA
y-endo> <yosshy@tkf.att.ne.jp> for the boot-floppies-ja package of
y-endo> Debian JP project.

I just got notification from him that this is complete.

y-endo> But the Debian installation system of the present
y-endo> boot-floppies package can't deal with Japanese, and the
y-endo> messages of the installation system is actually English. If
y-endo> the language of the messages is different between on the
y-endo> actual installation system and on the manual, won't users
y-endo> confuse?

Well, a bit.  As I mentioned in my reply to him just now, I just use
the English version.

For slink, we just have to deal with this state of affairs.  Hopefully
for the potato release we can get Japanese versions of the messages?
I would suggest working towards potato for this rather than slink (I'm
still working in a forked version of the slink boot floppies for
documentation updates) since the internationalization system for
dbootstrap has changed a bit for slink.

As I mentioned also in the last message, we have moved the
boot-floppies CVS to cvs.debian.org.  This means we can offer both
anonymouse CVs access as well as grant access to this cvs area to
non-developers.  If anyone wants further details on getting this setup
(it's not setup yet) please contact myself or
debian-boot@lists.debian.org.