Re: changes in dbootstrap i18n (was Re: Hard newlines in dbootstrap messages)

jk> At 23:01 -0500 1999-03-19, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>> Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org> writes:
>> If you are going to start hacking it up for the potato
>> boot-floppies, we oughta branch for the slink version.  It makes
>> more sense to branch the maintenance line of code rather than the
>> "under active development code".
>>
>> Let's do that, please.  I was going to branch for the graphical
>> modifications, but in fact it affects so little of the main
>> dbootstrap code that I'd rather check it in to an active
>> development main code tree.

Ok -- I've made a branch for slink, called
'adam-boot-floppies_2-1_branch'.  It means that it's the 2.1
maintenance branch, i.e., the version for slink.  To move to the
branch, do:

  cd boot-floppies (or whatever, to be in the root of the boot-floppies CVS area)
  cvs update -r adam-boot-floppies_2-1_branch

Or, if checking out from scratch:

  cvs co -r adam-boot-floppies_2-1_branch boot-floppies

I'll make my documentation changes in the branch and merge them into
the trunk every now and then.

jk> I would like to start working on getting the boot-floppies ready
jk> for glibc 2.1, so a branch would be helpful for that too.

If it's ok with you, it'd be easier if you just commit your changes in
the trunk, which is for potato.  The branch is for slink maintenenace.
Ok?  Don't worry if you rip it up a little -- we'll need it fixed and
working for potato anyway.