Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

It would be nice for us to get boot-floppies 2.1.9.  You brought up
scheduling, so I'll ask:

 * is the fixed dpkg uploaded yet, the bug which delayed slink release?
 * on what day (for x86) should boot-floppies 2.1.9 be released?

The only reason I want a new boot-floppies is: (a) documentation
updates (not really critical), (b) the new dpkg, so it matches with
what is in the archive, and doesn't break when LANG is set, and (c)
I'd like to see the xbase/xdm issues solved in the boot floppies.

I encourage CD folks not to wait for the 2.1.9 boot-floppies, if
waiting stands in the way of a good CD image.

I encourage porters to upload boot floppies out of the current CVS at
any point (full source upload, please).  Basing it on the current CVS
sources (which is called 2.1.8.1) is fine.  Please tag your sources
for historical purposes, i.e., on the top level of the cvs tree do
'cvs tag sparc-boot-floppies_2-1-8-1'.