Re: new patches for 2.2

Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> Hi,
>

> the link for the console should also be masked for 2.2 kernel
> versions.
>
> In rootdisk.sh is a line
>
> ln -s tty0 $R/dev/console
>
> MAKEDEV generates allready the /dev/console device for kernel-2.2,
> so this sym-link goes wrong!
>
> Can we remove this line and let MAKEDEV decide what we get on kernel2.0
> and kernel2.2 ?

There is no problem leaving /dev/console a char device (5,1) because the boot
disks does not use /dev/console on 2.0 kernel.
The init process from miniroot is using /dev/tty1,2,... or /dev/ttyS0
directly, and from my last upload of patches to boot-floppies, it is using
/dev/console for kernels 2.1.71 and newer (assuming /dev/console is char
device [5,1]).

Therefore this line should be removed and the script should enforce
/dev/console to be char dev [5,1].  Don't let MAKEDEV choose the right device
because if bootdisks is built on 2.0 system it will put a symlink instead :-((

Regards.

PS: Oops, I just looked into my sources: this patch is here but it appears I
	forgot to commit it yesterday along with all other 2.2 fixes.  I will do
	it now.