Re: testing group -- please test the documentation

On Saturday 9 January 1999, at 23 h 5,
"Karl B. Hammar" <karl@kalle.csb.ki.se> wrote:

> 	most new installers install from a cd

At home, yes. In corporate or universities environments, they probably use FTP
or NFS. That's what we do at the Pasteur Institute for instance (we have
enough newbies to make a local copy worthy).

> Well lets doit then. (assuming cdrom on /dev/hdc)
> Step one, choose a profile.

This looks like more a HOWTO style. Actually, this is a fundamental choice,
not just for this section. Should the documentation be an HMH (hold my hand)
or a tutorial, which has to be digested by the user before use? Advices? The
current installation document mixes the two styles, IMHO.

--
http://www.debian.org/~bortz/