Re: dselect tutorial

On 5 Jan 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:30:06 -0500 (EST), Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> said:
>>      Is anyone working on an update for the dselect tutorial that
>> has traditionally been kept in the disks-i386 directory?  It is
>> somewhat out of date.  If no one is working on it, or claims
>> ownership, I will try to do something with it next week.  I plan to
>> refer to it in the README-upgrade for the 2.1 CD.
>
>>      I would like to see it included in either /install or /upgrade
>> on the CD.  If it will stay in the
>> debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/ directory on the CD, I
>> can include a symlink to it in the /upgrade directory.  Phil, do you
>> see any likelihood of the directory structure changing for 2.1?
>
>I know nothing about the directory structure for the Debian CD.  I
>wish someone could tell me where users will find stuff like the rescue
>disk image (in case its needed) for all platforms

On the images I'm producing the full set of boot stuff will be in

<CD #1>/dists/slink/main/disks-$ARCH/current

and a small subset of this (boot disks and tools) lot will be in

<CD #1>/install

This (with luck) will probably hold for all the arches

>where the documentation that comes with the CD is located.

I put a copy of the doc directory from the archive onto all the CDs. At
the moment I don't add any other documentation, but this would be a good
place to add it. Or there is also space in the root directory if you
like...

>If anyone on the CD team could critique my install manual
><URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/> (pick any architecture
>you like).

OK, I'll take a look tomorrow at work (cheaper than over the modem... :-)

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
home page</a>                          Cthulhu - Why vote for the Lesser Evil?