Re: installation manual

On Oct 22, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> We talked about this before -- I agree theoretically we should move to
> DocBook, but I don't wanna even worry about this prior to potato
> release.

Somewhat OT, I've found DocBook a royal PITA to edit manually,
compared to both LinuxDoc and DebianDoc, because DocBook requires
highly nested tags for things like lists (the list has to be nested
inside a paragraph; and a paragraph has to be nested inside each list
entry) and has long tag names.

I suspect WordPerfect's SGML mode may make it easier to use, but it's
woefully non-free.

In sum, I'd recommend sticking with debiandoc unless there's a
compelling reason not to...

Chris, who regrets converting the Linux/m68k FAQ to Docbook...
|       Chris Lawrence       |   You have a computer.  Do you have Linux?   |
|  <quango@watervalley.net>  |     http://www.linux-m68k.org/index.html     |
|    Open Directory Editor   |         Visit the Amiga Web Directory        |
|      http://dmoz.org/      |        http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html       |