Re: r13566 - trunk/installer/doc

Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 01:21:44PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > I'm going to revert this change, and r13564.
>
> Anyway, I will remove the workaround from the archive. The available
> time was over one year.

What is that supposed to mean?

We have 11 kernels used by d-i in the archive that have unix.o as a
module. We are in the release process for beta 4, and trying to add 2.6
support. Flying off and making this change without discussion will delay
those efforts.

If you want to make unix.o not be a module, talk to all the kernel image
builders, explain what the problem is, document that we are in the
process of phasing out unix.o as a module, get it fixed in the images,
and only once it is fixed should you remove the "workaround".

--
see shy jo